Thursday, September 02, 2010

What my library means to me ....er you - some of your entries

Rowville Library recently ran a competition - "What my library means to me"

Thanks to everyone who responded...here are just a few of the entries:

"My library means to me a castle of books. It is where my mood changes and in here I am able to find every book of the world. It is a bank of knowledge and information. It gives me flying ideas and encourages me to create the best think in the world" (Sejal, winner of the children's prize)

"My library means to me a very special place to be.
Memories of my kids at storytime,
Singing and learning a nursery rhyme.
Stories feeding childhood imagination,
Looks on their sweet faces pure fascination
The place my children first picked up a book,
Delightfully squealing "Hey mummy come look!"" (Vikki, adult winner)

"My library is better than home – the air is clean, brightly lit and spacious. It is comfortable and inspiring. From the sea of strangers, I meet my community here."

"I tell my friends what a brilliant asset my library is – it has moved with the modern age. The online facilities in particular are so convenient and also so powerful; being able to find holdings around the state and reserve for pickup where I want is wonderful"

"My library is a fantastic source for entertainment and information. It is so easy to use and convenient – a facility that has really leapt into a modern age with an on line system that really works for users benefit. I am amused, entertained and informed – courtesy of my library"

"Smiles & services, stimulating & switched on, savvy & scholastic, solace & soul sustenance, science & students, sociable & snug, silence & shelter, special & safe, a stupendous smorgasbord"

"My library is a great asset and source of entertainment and information. No grumpy staff, just people willing to assist with books, dvds, cds, course, information talks and access to online facilities. The ERL hours and branches are convenient and the online search, renew and hold is brilliant."

"The Rowville Library is my sanctuary, somewhere to escape, somewhere to relax, somewhere to be free, free of time, free of chores, free to be me. Thank you"

What does the library mean to you? I'd love to read your comments.

Cheers, Maryanne

No comments: