Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Branch blogs to be discontinued

Its with a bit of sadness that I have to announce we are discontinuing the branch blogs. Staff have done a great job keeping members apprised of local happening in their branches. Unfortunately the branch blogs haven't attracted many members viewing.

The good news is that we will be keeping the Whats New @ your library, Readers Corner Reviews and Teen Online blogs. I will be utilising the amazing blogging skills of our staff to contribute to these blogs.

I'll keep advertising events at our libraries on these blogs. If you're mainly interested in events at one branch, have you had a look the the upcoming events on our Events Calendar. You can filter by branch - I love that feature.

Cheers, Maryanne

2 comments:

Jayson said...

Hi Webgurl

Sad to see these go, in particular enjoyed reading Fern Tree Friends.

I just subscribed to the RSS feeds from the calander suggested and have a couple of comments.

1. Is it possible to put the time in the header as well as the dates. I work full time so cannot attend 95% of activiites.

2. The links to the activities are to your intranet so are blocked when I try to view more details.

Cheers
Jayson

Webgurl said...

I'll investigate and get back to you. You should still be able to view the details as its the public part of the calendar.

Cheers, webgurl