Monday, January 11, 2010

Intrepica - new online resource available


We have just subscribed to a new online resource that will help children with their reading skills. It's called "Intrepica" and contains over 10,000 interactive learning activities that will help children in the areas of Phonics, Vocabulary, Reading, Spelling, Grammar and Comprehension.

All you need to do is go to the Library Users page and fill in a short form with your details and those of your child - make sure that you choose "Eastern Regional Libraries" on the drop down menu next tot he "Library" box. You'll then be sent an email with your login details and away you go.

This testimonial is from one of the Year 4 users Marina:

"I like Intrepica because it is a fun place to learn. When you play a learning game you earn coins to buy clothes from the shop for your avatar. Cool! I love selecting different looks for my cute little avatar. I also really enjoy the different spelling games, they help me improve my spelling skills. The donkey race in the Arena is a fun competition, although I keep losing."

Cheers, Paul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am joined up it to. I challenged you on arena and got so many points. I'll give you some hints. If there is a b and an o in the spelling game make the words boo or boos boob or boobs booby or booboo or booboos. This will help you alot.

Hope you win for once, Violet