Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Author Visit - Kate Holden

Kate Holden (as seen on Australian Story episode 'Leaving Lucy' 2005) completed an honours degree in classics and literature at the University of Melbourne and a graduate diploma in professional writing and editing, in which she won the Judy Duffy Award for literary excellence. Her first book, In My Skin, is a searingly honest and wonderfully written account of a life on the streets, on drugs and on the skids.

When: Thursday 20th July 7pm
Where: Rowville Library, Stud Park Shopping Centre, Fulham Rd, Rowville.
Gold coin donation. Wine and cheese included.
Bookings preferred on 9294-1300

Excerpt from In My Skin

'I watched the glaze of headlights, the windscreens of oncoming cars: a series of trapezoids with the silhouette of a single male driver. One pulled up in front of me; I reached over and opened the door, slid in. The smell of an unfamiliar car. A middle-aged man looking at me. ‘Hi,’ I said. ‘How are you?’

Cheers, Maryanne

No comments: